Pages

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Going dotty with Fox and Friends

Over at the St Lukes Charity Challenge this month the challenge is 'Furry Friends'. Tara, who set the blog up, works so hard to raise funds for the St Lukes Hospice - and often under very difficult circumstances -so do lend your support and join in with the fun this month. I have to confess that cute and furry isn't really my style when it comes to cards, but I certainly wasn't going to let that stop me! Come and see what I've made:


I love the little fox from Fox and Friends and I thought he'd look pretty cute popping out of this tea cup from my new Tea Shoppe set! But that isn't what excited me about this card - it's the split panel! I embossed one side with my Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and left the other side smooth, then I joined the two sides together with post it notes before cutting a shape out of them with one of the Labels framelits.


The aperture is the perfect size for my tea cup of foxy goodness! His paws are circles cut with my cropadile and coloured with a marker and I cut his tail off and arranged it the other way up (it's okay, he assures me he didn't feel a thing!) The little tag is from Tiny Tags and is tied to the cup handle with a piece of white bakers twine - I go through boat loads of this stuff!

With all this dottiness going on, I felt this card should be entered into this week's CASual Fridays 'Sweet Spot' challenge too - my second entry!

While I was all excited about the split panel, I thought I'd make another one for the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown where the challenge is a white on white festive card - how could I resist?!


Impossible to photograph but SO fun to make! The split panel is landscape this time and I tied bakers twine round each side of the dotty panel where the framelit made an indent before attaching to the card base.


The tree is from Season of Joy and is stamped in versamark then covered with Heat and Stick powder before glittering to prevent the glitter from coming off. Have you tried this? It's brilliant for large areas of glitter! I tied more bakers twine round the tree trunk for a bit of extra texture and added a rhinestone to the top of the tree.


The sentiment banner is rounded on one side (I used my word window punch for this) and ribbon tailed on the other side (a square punch is the easiest way to do this.)

Here's what you'll need to make today's cards:
FOX IN A CUP CARD
Stamps: Fox and Friends, Tea Shoppe, Tiny Tags
Ink: Cajun Craze, Bashful Blue
Card stock: Whisper White
Other: Markers, Basic Rhinestones, white bakers twine, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Labels framelits, Big shot, jewellery tag punch, cropadile
CHRISTMAS CARD
Stamps: Season of Joy, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Basic Grey
Card stock: Whisper White
Other: Basic Rhinestones, white bakers twine, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Labels framelits, Big shot, versamark, Heat and Stick powder, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Word Window and Square punches, stamp-a-majig
I'd be delighted to order any of these items for you and can have them delivered to your address in the UK. I'm committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to offer help and advice. To place your order, just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593.

Yesterday my daughter, who is in the middle of her GCSEs, came home from her Biology exam and said with a big smile on her face: "And I never did Biology ever again!" My poor love, she has another week to go but is still smiling.

It's Three Minute Thursday here tomorrow and I'll have a very fast male card to show you. Hope to see you then,


44 comments:

  1. Goodness that little guy peeking out of the tea cup is adorable! Great idea to use the textured layer with a smooth layer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Vicky I love how you made both cards and especially love the white on white Christmas card.It is such a clever idea and I will certainly be making some of those for my cards this year. Good luck to your daughter with her exams. My kids are doing their mid year tests..it's a tough time for them. Helen (Melb)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea! Nd the fox card is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, two amazing cards! LOVE your little fox--I think I may need that set! ;) Your all white card for 52CCT is just stunning--so glad you played along with us, Vicky!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little fox on the tea cup and what a gorgeous Christmas card...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicky

    I hope you are well.

    Just doing a catch up on your lovely blog.

    Lots of fabby inspiration as always.

    Loving the Father's Day card with the heart shaped cushion and the anniversary card you posted. You really do combine different stamps so beautifully.

    Two great makes here too. The split panels give a great look.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh wow, I love the split panels! I said the same when you used a similar idea for your red, white, blue LIM card - it really does look great! The white on white card is really elegant, and the fox is brilliant! I've not entered yet... struggling a bit with the cute and furry but I'm sure I'll get there! M x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea, and your cards (as always!) are gorgeous.

    Ann
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would never of thought of using a square punch to make the ribbon end..good lateral thinking there. Polka dots were made for embossing wern't they! Beautiful cards, will look out for that little fox!
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous idea to split panels and cut the aperture inbetween, you are SO innovative Vicky. I don't do 'cutesy' either but Foxy isn't sickly cute is he? so he's OK. What a brilliant adaptation of him too. Xmas cards already !!! How organised are you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Vicky, these cards are really clever, how do you come up with the ideas? I've been catching up on your blog after my weekend in Brisbane and am always inspired by your creations. Helen (Sydney)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Vicky . . .you have such a knack for seeing different things in the stamps and different ways to use them. This is so creative. I LOVE the split panel idea . . . may have to pinch that (if you don't mind?) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are beautiful Vicky. I love that little fox especially!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab cards Vicky but the split panel is such a brilliant idea! Love the dissected fox:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Such beauty in simplicity! I'm allergic to glitter - it just gets everywhere! - but you make it sound like the heat & stick powder will stop it coming off. Dare I try it? Hmmm... we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely cards again Vicky! I love the white on white for Christmas. What I love are the stories you tell us about your family. Love from Holland, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two great cards Vicky - especially the white Christmas card as it's perfect for our challenge this week at 52CCT - thanks so much for joining in - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two fabulous cards, Vicky. I love both designs, but your stylish split panel looks fantastic. Your little fox in the teacup looks so sweet, and such a lovely white on white Christmas card...wonderful work, as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are just full of creativity. The fox is FANTASTIC!! He's so cute peeping over the teacup surrounded by the wonderful white. And what a beautiful way to make a winter tree!

    ReplyDelete
  20. EEK - such cuteness! I just laughed out loud when I saw your fox card; it is utterly adorable, Vicky. Love, love, love the split panel idea - just fabulous. Both of your cards are beautiful, and inspire me to look at my products a little differently.

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous card Vicky - love that split panel - never seen that before! gorgeous xmas card too! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have just spent hours pouring over every single blog entry after finding you from a Google search looking for inspiration for the 'Neighborhood' wheel. You have blown my mind with your creativity and clean and elegant style. I've bookmarked dozens of your cards for inspiration and can't wait to hit my stamp room tomorrow! Thank you so much for sharing - I'll definately be back often. Tracey x , Perth Aust.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards again Vicky! I love the white Christmas card. I may have a try at that challenge! Now let me think.....!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh my, Vicky! the little fox is cute, but WOW - your Christmas card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really like the effect of the split panels - just adds a little something extra special. I'm not sure I can condone fox-tail docking but as you stuck it back on I'll forgive you just this once as it does look super cute in the dotty cup :-D
    Thanks as ever for your kind words and support of my St Luke's initiative.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. They are both fab Vicky!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your cards Vicky! Mr Fox looks soooo cute in that tea cup! And your Christmas card is just stunning!

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  28. (((((((clapping))))))) because both cards are GREAT! Your little fox in the tea cup is SO creative, and your white on white card is simply stunning. STUNNING.
    Thanks for the tips on the split panel, too!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  29. The fox card is great but the Christmas tree card is absolutely stunning. I love the idea of the split panels and will definitely be stealing that idea!! The baker's twine is a really neat addition.
    Good luck to your daughter, at least she is still smiling! x x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Adorable Vicki. Love this little cutie popping out of the teacup!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Vicky - great card and a brilliant idea to make the cards before you need them! I love your glittery tree and the hint on making it! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! This is super cute! I love how you joined the two panels together with the framelits panel in the window! I have to play around and try that! Love that fox coming out of the tea cup too! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You've done it again, fabulous cards, love the the idea of the split and the fox in the teacup is brill.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow - I can see that I am not the only one who thinks that your split panel idea is just fabulous. The two cards are also wonderful. LOVE that darling fox peeking out of the tea cup! Thanks for sharing your ideas and creativity with us.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Super card Vikki - love the window idea to show off your glittery tree

    ReplyDelete
  36. Vicky this is SO adorable! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Both are gorgeous Vicky, who could resist foxy in a teacup?! I just adore that sparkly Christmas tree card though! I love the embossing technique and cut out framelits idea - thanks for sharing and inspiring!
    Hope we see you again soon at 52 CCT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Nice cards! Love the fox on the first one and the glttery tree on the 2nd card. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Crisp, clean and stylish cards.Love your fox in a teacup and the tree is so lovely and blingy.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  40. A white in white christmas card! So beautiful. Need to start with christmas cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow Vicky how fab are these? I would never have thought the fox would fit in the tea cup! He is brill popping up and I love the split panel. Your white on white christmas card is super too. Love all the little added texture details. x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Now he is definitely cute and furry!! Love how you made his little paws for the rim of the cup :0) the split panel is such a great design....might have to use that one too and looks just as good in Landscape on your Christmas card :0)

    Hannah felt exactly the same after her Biology A level!!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  43. I adore this little fox cub - he's just so, so cute! I really like the dotty texture and the split panel effect - works really well. Thanks for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge.

    Love the white on white Christmas card too! x

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love the fox in the teacup - SO cute!!! Love the window idea, too :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)