Pages

Thursday 7 June 2012

Three minute Nature's Nest shell

One of my favourite images in the Nature's Nest stamp set is a gorgeous shell, perfect for scrapbooking beach photos and for summer-themed cards, and now there's a single scallop shell in the summer mini catalogue that works beautifully with it too! I've had an idea in my head for the Nature's Nest shell for four years and thanks to this week's challenge at Make My Monday, it's finally made it onto card stock! Come and have a look:


The Make My Monday blog is celebrating its first birthday this week and Jacqueline has chosen 'A birthday card with pearls' as the challenge. My card was very quick to make: I used a card stock with bits in it and sponged a background using a torn piece of scrap paper as a mask; the sentiment and the birds were added and the shell popped up on dimensionals...


... topped with a large self-adhesive pearl. There is only one pearl on my card but it does take a starring role so surely it must count!


This handwriting-style birthday sentiment is my current favourite. It's from a hostess set which means it's only available to party hostesses. But what if you don't want to hold a party? Well you can still get hold of hostess sets by placing an order of £150 or more but if that's more than you wanted to spend all at once, why not spread the amount over six months by joining my Stampers 6 club? It's like a virtual party and you don't even need to know the other guests! Click here to find out more.


Are you wondering why I'm showing you a close up of these birds?! Well they're my favourite thing! They're from the Up Up and Away stamp set and, to be honest, it's quite hard for me to restrain myself from stamping them on everything!

I'm also linking this card to a new (to me) blog called Craft a Scene which is looking for 'Beach Scenes - a bit of sand and water'. I'm excited about this site - you know how I love to make a scene!

Here's what you'll need to make today's card:
Stamps: Nature's Nest, Up up and Away, Happiest of Birthdays
Ink: Marina Mist, So Saffron, Basic Grey, Blushing Bride
Card stock: Confetti White
Other: Basic Pearls, grey watercolour pencil, paper snipsstamp-a-majig
I'd be delighted to order any of these items for you and can have them delivered to your address in the UK. I'm committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to offer help and advice. To place your order, just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593.

It's half term here so I'm enjoying not only the company of my lovely children but also the privilege of chauffeuring them around the countryside to their many social events; I've also been away for two weekends in a row and found on my return that the garden is trying to get into the house and it seems that someone has cleaned the surrounding houses and emptied the dust into ours! Does anyone have a housemaid I can borrow? Or a few extra hours going spare? No I thought not... I'd better go and empty the hoover myself then!

Have a good day and I'll see you tomorrow,


34 comments:

  1. I think this is the first time I've ever been up and blogging at 12.30am! But it does mean that I get a nice early peek at your offering today.... and what a stunner! Nature's Nest is high on my wish list and will probably be included as part of my next order. The inked beach scene is so effective with this shell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect CAS scene. Perfect.
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi vicky
    Stunning card ..... Another amazing card .... How do you think of them?
    Hugs sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely scene you have created Vicky...beautiful card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW . . . this is spectacular.

    You've made a beautifully simple beach scene. I cannot do scenes to save my life! Always in awe of those that can. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever design, love the pearl on the clam shell, such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Vicky!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tranquil beach scene, Vicky. Fabulous masking and inking work, too. Your scallop shell and pearl embellishment fit the scene perfectly x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my kind of birthday card Vicky - such a creative idea. Thanks for joining in at MMM and thank you for being such a fantastic Guest Designer in May - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicky,

    Your beach card is just adorable and I love those little birds! A very tranquil scene. Thank you so much for stopping to visit me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Vicky

    Your card is gorgeous and I just LOVE the tranquil setting and shell, the pearl is the perfect accompliment. I'll be writing from the Library soon.
    luv
    irene
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunningly simplistic take on the pearl birthday theme - I just go OTT with embelishments when pearls and bling come up. This is just sheer perfection! love it!!!
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply stunning! So peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vicky this is a stunning cas card~beautiful and serene!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another great card Vicky - and if you find a housemaid can I borrow her please (oh and a gardener!)
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So peaceful! Thank you for playing along with us at Craft a Scene!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a soothing and calm card. Makes me want to relax on the beach. Lovely work! Thank you for joining us this month at Craft a scene. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card Vicky and wish I was there it is absolutely foul here today, rain, rain and more rain!! Love the birds:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous Vicky - so simple yet so elegant. That little pearl is the perfect finishing touch ! Thos birds are rather fabulous aren't they?
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful beach scene, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super scene. The shell looks fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. My " housemaid " is deserting me for a whole month so looks like I will have to do the dreading ironing and maybe a bit of mopping too !!!Gorgeous card Vicky and love the pearl how clever you are. Such a pretty card and the colours are so dreamy.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such an imaginative twist on the theme Vicky. It works beautifully and shows off that pearl to a tee. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, Vicky! This is awesome--LOVE the pearl in the shell! Such a perfect embellishment! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely scene and a cute idea. Ideal colours

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Vicky, I love this it's soo clever!
    thank you for joining us at MMM
    suzi b xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm here at last Vicky and your card is stunning. A very clever take on the challenge and love the clean and simple design.
    Thanks for joining our challenge this week.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your sponged scene is gorgeous, Vicky, and I love those little birds! I can see why you want to stamp them on everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous scene, so simple, yet stunning. I love those birds, I agree with you, I'd want to put them into everything. Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  30. A really stunning piece Vicky. have to confess I am always much happier when I can add some birds to a scene, they sort of add the perfect finishing touch (and in my case often hide dirty finger marks).

    Thanks so much for joining us at Craft a Scene challenge this month and hope to see more of your lovely work.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very pretty card! Lovely soft inking and design. Thank you for playing along at Craft a Scene!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a lovely layout and I love the pearl in the shell, just perfect

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)