Pages

Tuesday 11 September 2012

A Christmas farewell

It's always sad to say goodbye to my favourite stamps but I must put them away as my job is to show you all the lovely things in the current catalogues. I've used three different stamp sets today, all on the Retirement List and all available, as I'm typing this, until the end of this month or until stocks last.

I made the card for the 52{Christmas}Card Throwdown where there's a colour challenge this week: Red, Brown and Cream or White. Come and see:


This was a really fast card to make and there wasn't a sponge in sight for the background! I started off by smearing my Whisper White craft ink pad over a panel of Crumb Cake card stock, more thickly on the bottom two thirds to make snowy fields, and more sparingly over the top third for the sky. The winter grasses were stamped in Early Espresso over the snow - I used Autumn Days and Greenhouse Garden for this.


The robin is made with the Two Step Bird punch, using a simple technique I came up with ages ago - I made a video tutorial of it that you can see here.


Here's the sentiment from one of my all-time favourite Christmas sets, Season of Joy. And have you seen the snow? Another fabulous use for my white Watercolour Wonder crayon - I love how useful these are.

Here's what you'll need to make this card
Stamps: Greenhouse Garden, Autumn Days, Season of Joy (all retiring)
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Early Espresso classic inks, Whisper White craft ink
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White (for the bird)
Other: Two Step Bird punch, Whisper White Watercolour Wonder crayon, stamp-a-majig


I'd be delighted to order any of these items for you and have them delivered straight to your address in the UK. I'm committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to offer help and advice. To place your order, just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593. Click here to view my regularly updated lists of retiring stamps and accessories, some at up to 40% discount. 

I can't believe we've been back from holiday for only a week - it feels like forever! I loved the east coast of Kent and we'll definitely be going back there. It's steeped in history and there are lots of unspoilt medieval towns, such as the town of Sandwich (or Sandwiches, as my youngest son insisted on calling it - as in: "Let's go to Sandwiches today!") There are plenty of cobbled streets and narrow alleys and we were amused by this street name. We imagined there being some heated arguments when they were thinking up names for it, culminating in slammed doors and people saying "Fine then! If that's the way you want it, we won't call it anything at all!"

I've just realised I meant to post a card using Perfectly Preserved today! If you were looking for it and feeling a bit bewildered, I do apologise and it'll be here tomorrow instead...

Hugs,



24 comments:

  1. Vicky, this is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE your beautiful winter scene!!! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous scene you have created. It looks like it took forever, but reading your post, you make it appear simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brrrrr ...... I hope that little robin made it home before the blizzard started! Gorgeous winter/Christmas card, sounds easy but I'll bet my snow would look like I'd swiped an inkpad over it LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Vicky. Love the soft colours and that brushstroke background works a treat. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant snowy Christmas card Vicky, the soft colours are stunning.

    I have the whisper white ink pad but never used it as it's very sticky unlike the others but will give your technique a try. TFS

    Have a lovely Tuesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, gorgeous - love, love, love your card. I've been seeing a little robin in our garden here since last week and started to get a bit concerned - doesn't that mean a severe winter?? I only do snow on cards, not in real life!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had to google the street in Sandwich - it's a very short street! Only one postal address - No 1, No Name Street - for the little shop in your photo. Do they sell Sandwiches??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ann Rosie - I hope it's not true about a severe winter as I might have to emigrate! Yes the street was very short and led almost immediately into another gorgeous little narrow street. The shop is a little cafe so yes, I expect they do sell sandwiches! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A totally gorgeous card, Vicky! Such a simple technique, but SO, SO stunning. Have you guessed yet? - I love it.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful as always, Vicky.. Season Of Joy is my absolute fav too, it's so versatile. Will be sad to see these three go, but can't wait to see the new sets either!!
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous card. The sponging worked a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who would have thought that just three colours could make such a stunning card? Thanks for joining in at 52CCT this week Vicky - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Vicky

    A beautiful Christmas card, I love it.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card Vicky , some of my favourites from you have been ones using Autumn Days - in fact I bought it after seeing all the lovely Christmas cards you made last season ! I have barely used mine ! Your card is beautifully wintery - I guess we ought to start thinking about getting on with our Christmas cards - not long now !!!! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your inking techniques are always so fabulous, Vicky. You make it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Vicki - this is a work of art! It's just really fantastic. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous festive card. I love Season of Joy and haven't long got my set . . . I'm not putting it away though! Love your Robin and how you created the background. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely card! Thanks a lot fir the video... XXX Christine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vicky, this is stunning and beautiful, what a wonderful card with that great snow scene! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at 52 {C}CT! Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is amazing! I love how you made your background, I'm going to have to try that!!! Thanks for joining us this week at 55CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my I nearly went in search of my mittens looking at the fanstical winter scene. truly gorgeous stamping, perfect placement and an all round jolly winter card .

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how you've captured that glowing light on a snowy evening, you're inking is amazing as always :0) I just had to go and view the video... brilliant, was hubby the camera man? You should do more, you're great at tutorials :0)
    Love the thoughts behind the street name... I wonder how many others there are like it in towns around the country :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brrrrr your beautiful scene is making me think of a snowy winter. Gorgeous card. x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)