Pages

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Retiring Serene Snowflake

The big news today is that the Retirement lists have only been up three days and certain items have already sold out including some of the ink pads, textured card stock, neutrals ink spots and most of the punches, Fox and Friends clear mount and the gorgeous Medallion stamp. If there's anything you want from the lists, I really would advise you to place your order as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. View the Retiring Stamp list here and the Retiring Acessories list here.

Now, on to something creative: I've had Christmas on my mind just lately (I know it sounds mad but I like to start shopping for stocking fillers when I'm on holiday and have plenty of time to browse) so I popped over to the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown yesterday where there's a fabulous sketch this week. Here's what I came up with:


For the focal image I've used two retiring stamp sets, Dot Dot Dot and Serene Snowflakes. To make the distressed snowy background, I used my white Watercolour Wonder crayon to colour the rubber on the dotty stamp, spritzed it lightly with water and stamped onto a Midnight Muse card base. (Midnight Muse is another of the gorgeous new in-colours available now - see yesterday's post for Primrose Petals!) When it was dry I stamped the snowflake over the top in versamark and  embossed it in silver. The image was framed with a piece of the gorgeous Brushed Silver card stock with an aperture cut out of it with my large square punch.


Here's a close up of the frame - it's been decorated with pierced holes using the retiring Mat Pack and Piercing Tool. I strung a piece of Indigo bakers twine behind the frame and embellished with another embossed star cut out with a circle punch and some lovely, twinkly rhinestones. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and has been stamped in Midnight Muse. I wondered whether it might not work on the silver card stock but, after a quick once-over with my heat tool, it was fine!


On the right you can see Mynnette's lovely sketch that was the inspiration for this card.

Here's what you'll need to make this card
Stamps: Serene Snowflakes (retiring), Dot Dot Dot (retiring), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Midnight Muse (available now)
Card stock: Midnight Muse (new in-colour available now), Brushed Silver
Other: White Watercolour Wonder crayon, versamark, silver embossing powder, heat tool, Mat Pack (retiring), Paper Piercer (retiring), Basic Rhinestones, Square punch

I'd be delighted to order any of these items for you and have them delivered straight to your address in the UK. I'm committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to offer help and advice. To place your order, just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593. The new in-colours are now available in card stock, ink, ink re-fills and markers; prices remain the same.

Being on holiday seems like a hundred years ago but my regular readers may wonder how I got on with my search for the perfect ice cream sundae. Well, the answer is very badly - the closest I got to a sundae of any description was a shop in Whitstable called Sundae Sundae. I rushed in full of excitement and asked the man for the sundae menu only to be greeted by a baffled expression. "You do sell ice cream sundaes don't you?" I said. "No," he said in a mildly surprised voice. "It's just," I went on doggedly, "that your shop IS called Sundae Sundae!" The man's face cleared. "So it is!" he said. "I suppose it is a bit strange!"

I'll be back tomorrow with something furry - if it works! See you then,





15 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas card Vicky! I love the shimmer off the pretty snowflake.
    And it's never too early to be prepared for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blue for Christmas and this is so lovely.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the disappointment - you will just have to go on holiday again!
    Love your card Vicky - a perfect take on our sketch this week at 52CCT - thanks so much for joining in - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you're mad at all . . . quite the opposite . . . it sounds a very sensible policy to start shopping for the stocking fillers NOW!

    Cute snowflake card and love the piercing etc.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky, this is absolutely stunning! I adore the use of the brushed silver paper--it's amazing! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :) PS: I'd love to see what you create for this month's Technique Tuesday challenge!!! :) Also, that shop needs to change it's name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So what was the shop selling then !!!!! Do tell !! fantastic chrimbo card and just love the gorgeous frosty colors plus the tiny weeny holes... you must have such a steady hand !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful Vicky. I love the brushed silver card! Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Christmas card is perfectly serene! Sorry, couldn't resist. I love this stamp and use it often, sad to see it go - but the new stuff is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Silver and Midnight Muse make a wonderful combination for Christmas. Love the shimmery snowflake and paper pierced window!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card Vicky - so sorry to see this lovely stamp set go ! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you have a case for Trade Descriptions there! Beautiful card in cool Christmas colours and a perfect take on the sketch.

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous Vicky - and a beautiful wintery colour combo and lots of nice details! Thanks so much for joining us at 52 {C}CT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply beautiful! I love this stamp set, super job with the sketch and I like the paper piercing! Thank you so much for joining us at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blue and silver is a great combo for christmas. Shame these snowflakes are going. This is the first set I bought from SU, sniff! x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)