Pages

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Merry Minis and bright!

Here's a clean and simple Christmas card I made for the lovely Marie's CAS challenge over at Get Creative, Addicted to Stamps and More where they want to see markers being used, and 52CCT where the theme is Christmas Lights (and, may I just say, where I was absolutely delighted to win last weeks challenge with this card!)



I started by stamping a sentiment from my Jolly Jingle wheel which I've split into lots of useful sentiments (click here to see how I did it.) The Christmas lights wire was doodled round it with a Gumball Green marker before the lights were added.


I love the retro shape of this gorgeous bulb image - we actually had some like this when I was a girl! There are three different designs of the light/ornament in the Merry Minis stamp set (I've used the plain one here), as well as stars and Christmas trees too. And, what's more, they've all got coordinating punches to cut them out, which gives you lots more time to eat mince pies and watch re-runs of The Two Ronnies Christmas Show!

I used this great sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch to make my card (but unfortunately didn't make the deadline for the challenge... hey ho!) I can see that this great site is going to be very useful resource for CAS card makers.

Here's what you'll need to make this card
Stamps: Merry Minis, Jolly Jingle wheel (sentiment)
Ink: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Lucky Limeade
Card stock: Whisper White, Lucky Limeade
Other: Merry Minis punch pack, markers
I'd be delighted to order any of these items for you and have them delivered straight to your address in the UK, France, Deutschland, Nederland or Osterreich. I'm committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to offer help and advice. To place your order, just send me an email or give me a call on +44 (0) 1280 820593.

I'm not wittering much today because unlike the chirpy sentiment on today's card I am feeling neither merry nor bright. See you tomorrow for Three Minute Thursday though.

32 comments:

  1. Congrats, Vicky on your win with such a simple, but oh so cute card.
    Your lion with the rose did make me smile, and I LOVE your 'Summer Silhouettes' set (so pretty), and the 'Autumn Flowers'.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Vicky! Love those Christmas lights! It's the main topic of conversation in this house - next month we can get the decorations down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and perfectly CAS. Love it! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful Vicky, I love that the sentiment and lights are not surrounded by anything that detracts from the design:) Terrible grey days at the moment are so depressing!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning CAS card Vicky.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky - your card is lovely. I bought two of the wheels so that I could cut one up too! Hope you are okay ?!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card looks very festive with the lovely coloured lights. Hope your 'merry & bright' returns to you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Vicky, it's a brilliant use of the bauble stamp, a simple but effective design.

    I am also not feeling bright nor merry, think it may be the lack of sunlight as we've been under a thick blanket of cloud and fog for the last three days much like everyone l think :(

    Lets hope tomorrow brings us both some cheer xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicki!Congrats on another well deserved win ! Very unusual for you to not be merry bright and wittering ! Hope you feel better soon! Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card and absolutely perfect for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Vicky, this one has a real modern feel and look and i adore the colours you've used! Lasts weeks was a winner and I wouldn't be surprised if this one is too hugs karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple and festive! I love it! Sending some cheery vibes your way, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great CAS Christmas card, so crisp and clean. Those Christmas lights definitely bring back memories of childhood for me, too! I am new to your blog and I really appreciate the details and information you provide for your card "recipes". So helpful! Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely ADORE it, Vicky!!! LOVE the bold colors with all that luscious white space! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Vicky
    Fabulous card...... Congrats on your win with last weeks .... Well deserved.....
    Hugs Sylvie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely festive cheery card! Hope you're feeling better tomorrow. You do such a great job of cheering everyone else up. :-) Helen (Melb).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Merry and bright for sure! Hope you're feeling your usual self soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a gorgeous card!!!! Love-love-love the CAS style and the pops of colours you have used! Thank you for playing along with us at Get Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your win Vicky with that amazing card it was certainly a beauty ! Right as you have entered two of the challenges that I am on the dt"s for I will comment separately. Wearing my first hat for Get Creative........Thank you so much for entering my clean and simple challenge this is exactly the kind of card i love, simple, stylish and beautifully crafted ! Thank you so much for joining us it was lovely to see you here in Greece.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello me again wearing my ATS&M hat and very fetching it is too... what you cant see me ..A beautiful card coloured superbly, stylish, elegant and just perfect for our challenge, thank you so much for joining us this week Vicky always lovely to see you here. Right taking my hats off now as my hair is all askew !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Perfect CAS card Vicky and so festive! Hmmm, I may have to purchase that wheel now!
    Thanks so much for sharing another fab card with us at 52 {C}CT! Congrats on last week's well deserved win too!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun way to use these stamps and punches! Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness this is CAS perfection. I didn't think I would use those stamps if I got them but now I am thinking otherwise. Must have them if I'm going to CASE you :o) Thanks for joining in the fun at 52CCT and Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Vicky, sorry not been around to comment much but your cards are lovely (loved the romantic lion!) This card is stunning as usual - thanks so much for joining in on both 52CCT and ATS&M - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love CAS cards and this one is perfect, nicely done! Thanks for playing along this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Clean Simple and fabulous!!!!! Thank's fora palying along with us at Get Creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful CAS card Vicky. Thank you for joining in the ATS&M challenge this week.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely cas card! thank you for joining us at get creative. Channa

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card Vicky - love the simplicity of it; so effective. Thanks for joining us at ATS&M this week.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your festive lights. Hope you are now feeling more merry and bright! x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)