Pages

Saturday 3 November 2012

Think pink with Summer Silhouettes

At Less is More this week Chrissie is still holding the fort while Mandi focuses on her new business. It's a colour challenge this week and the colour in question is Pink. I immediately think of flowers when I think of pink and I immediately think of my gorgeous new Summer Silhouettes stamp set when I think of flowers! Come and see what I've made:


It's a one layer card that uses a variety of techniques. I stamped the label shape twice, once on my card base and again on scrap paper. The scrap paper one was cut out carefully and the negative used as a mask for the stamping inside.


Once I'd stamped the trellis I added leaves and flowers stamped in Whisper White craft ink. To get the leaf to overlap I just folded the mask paper back on itself. I coloured over the plant images with Watercolour Wonder crayons, blended with an blender pen, and added detail with ink and markers. I love doing this on kraft - it's a twist on the Black Magic technique.


And here's another fun technique: a bit of shadow stamping. You just stamp the sentiment in white and then stamp again with another colour, offsetting it slightly using a stamp-a-majig to get the positioning right.

Here's what you'll need to make this card
Stamps: Summer Silhouettes, Petite Pairs
Ink: Crumb Cake, Rose Red classic inks, Whisper White craft ink
Card stock: Crumb Cake
Other: Watercolour Wonder crayons in Subtles, blender pen, markers, stamp-a-majig
I'd be delighted to order any of these items for you and have them delivered straight to your address in the UK, France, Deutschland, Nederland or Osterreich. I'm committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to offer help and advice. To place your order, just send me an email or give me a call on +44 (0) 1280 820593. Check out current special offers here.

Does anyone else get inundated with spam comments? I've switched comment moderation on so that we don't have to be bothered with them but some of them do make me chuckle. I'm fairly modest about my talents on the cardmaking front so you'll be glad to know that this comment left yesterday was in no danger of turning my head and just made me laugh out loud instead: 'Very shortly this blog will be famous amongst all blog users due to its nice content.' Thanks for the giggle Mr Spammer!

Hope you're having a lovely weekend. I shall look forward to checking out the pretty pink LiM gallery later on after I've had a breath of fresh air in this gorgeous autumn sunshine! See you soon,


36 comments:

  1. Gorgeous soft colours on your card Vicky. Doesn't Mr Spammer know that your blog is famous already exactly because it is really nice and you are such an inspiration to other crafters?!

    Best wishes
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, Vicky! I love the misty effect you created on your pretty flowers, and wonderful shadow stamping, too:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicky
    Fabulous card ... With Kraft... Works well... I dont get any spam comments... I have heard of a few people who do...... Love the off set message stamp ... Brill idea....
    It is wet here in Gib today and tomorrow... But still 21degs.....
    Hugs Sylvie
    Enjoy your weekendx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Vicky, I love the delicate colouring of the flowers, so pretty and the dimension is amazing! A beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr Spammer is obviously very discerning! Fabulous card Vicky, rather more ambitious than my quick one. Love the overlapping leaf look & I must try shadow stamping sometime.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so pretty - I do like the soft colours and pretty flowers! Great card.

    As for spam - I don't have moderation or anything on my comments on only ever had 3 spam messages!!! Watch me regret that statement :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your is always one of the first entries I look for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicky, I think your blog is already famous!!! I love it and know that so many others do too. Yes, there's a lot of spam out there right now it seems!

    Love this beautiful card - and the hint of pink is lovely. Really like the off set stamping and the sponging of white around the edges too. So pretty.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hola Vicky, absolutely gorgeous card, i like your colouring technique,and the flowers come out are fantastic.
    I have very originals spams too, but only in two post...TARJETA PARA LOS ABUELOS AND TARJETA DE BODA, I have spams very stupids :D.
    A warm hug from Palma
    How is it going your spanish?????

    ReplyDelete
  10. just gorgeous vicky... fabulous technique xx

    jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. ps I now dont let anyone anon add a comment in the setting i changed it to people only with a google etc account and now getting a lot less spam

    jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card - love the pretty colors and the dimension you achieved just with coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Vicky. Love the soft delicate colours and the brilliant stamping!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card - such subtle colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely card Vicky love that gorgeous stamp....yes I also get spammers such a pain

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Vicky

    A beautiful and subtle card, I love the touch of white around the edge of the card. it finishes it off perfectly.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi lovely Vicky, your card is very elegant and beautiful as always. Carole xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. There's an almost ethereal feel to the stamping on this one Vicky!
    Fabbo!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic Vicky. You really do these delicate designs so well.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is gorgeous Vicky, I love colouring on kraft card and the soft shading you get. Beautiful stamps too and thanks for reminding me of the techniques you've used.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for sharing this lovely technique Vicky ! The card you have produced is beyond pretty and what I really like is that you show us that even when we maybe cannot draw that with clever techniques and nice stamp sets we can produce mini works of art ! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Vicky I have just found your blog through our lovely friend Sylvie. Your cards are beautiful. I am now following you so that I can come back and visit your lovely work. Hugs Clare xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Vicky

    Loving the techniques you've used on your card. Your flowers look really pretty and delicate. x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is beautiful Vicky. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great ideas, love what you do here, following you now, follow me back?
    I only get a few of those, most people don't seem to bother with me... I think it's because I am too much of an old bag. Which is fine by me!
    Such a pretty card, Vicky. Nice content. You will soon be famous! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. The technique you used on kraft looks so soft, subtle, and just lovely! What a lovely card!
    Yes, when I allowed anyone to comment on my blog, I was receiving up to 45 spam comments daily, so I had to disallow anonymous comments and turn on moderation.
    Now I'm being politically spammed to death at home with constant robo calls - 6 so far today starting at 8:30 AM! There ought to be a law againt this stuff! lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow - that's just spectacular! Love it.

    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Vicky, just want to say a big thank you for your beautiful comment. Lovely people like yourself make me feel really lucky to have my life and the RA a lot more bearable!!!!. So glad that I have found your blog. Hugs Clare xxxx

    P.S So glad you spell your nickname without and i!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a beautiful delicate card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a really pretty,soft card Vicky-i love the stamps you have used.As for the Blogging spam,i don't receive eough comments to be spammed(tee hee!!)but i suppose there is always time !!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think mr spammer might be right ! Beautiful card and the techniques are amazing such a soft and delicate piece and that little stamp set is a knock out.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Another fabby card Vicky, no don't get much spam really, just the odd one. I agree wiht that spam message too he he :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations Vicky this is so pretty,. Love the shadow technique, don't know how I missed it.

    I've had my eye on thhis flower set... not taken the plunge yet as you know :)

    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)