Pages

Monday 6 May 2013

Fabulous Florets colour explosion!

I was delighted with to see the colour challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More as it was just the combination required for the birthday of one of my friends - she has a wonderful sense of colour and isn't at all afraid of intense hues like these! I was also inspired by the fabulous sketch over at Seize The Birthday (LOVE the revamp ladies!) Come and see what I've made:


There's plenty of dimension in this card with the popped up split panel revealing the gorgeous Pacific Point polka dots behind, and the zingy Melon Mambo flower, all layered up and finished with a pop of Pumpkin Pie button!



I love the way Stampin' Up supplies embellishments in its gorgeous colours although I could have done with some delicious Melon Mambo bakers twine here... Never mind! shaving the edge off some Melon Membo card stock with my trimmer did the trick and it threads through the button like a dream!


Hmmm. You may have noticed how obsessed with this sentiment I am! It really isn't too difficult to fussy cut (it can't be otherwise I wouldn't keep doing it!) and I love the sense of movement it gives to a design. Well, that's the card done - but wait, there's just one more detail to add...


...this card was crying out for a coordinating envelope! No problem - envelopes are a doddle with the diagonal plate that fits neatly into my Simply Scored tool!

These are the challenges I've been working from today:


Here's what you'll need to make these cards
Stamps: Fabulous Florets, A Word For You
Ink: Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie
Card stock: Whisper White
Other: Pacific Point paper from Patterns designer paper stack in Brights, Pumpkin Pie button from Brights designer buttons, corner rounder, 1 1/4" circle punch, paper snips, stamp-a-majig
I CAN ORDER STAMPIN' UP ITEMS FOR YOU AND HAVE THEM DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR ADDRESS IN THE UK. I'M COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND AM ALWAYS HAPPY TO OFFER HELP AND ADVICE. TO FIND OUT MORE OR TO PLACE YOUR ORDER, JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL OR GIVE ME A CALL ON 01280 820593.
• Get more for your money - place an order for £250 and choose £65 worth of products free! Or join SU and get £155 worth of products for just £99! Offers end 30th May 2013

While we've been gearing up for a hot bank holiday Monday today, spare a thought for my daughter who has been working hard this weekend waitressing at a hotel. On Friday night she got in late and I asked her how it had gone. "Fine!" she replied. "Some old people were getting married!" I smiled. "How old were they?" I asked. "I suppose they were about my age!" (I turned 50 last year.) She shook her head. "Oh no, they were younger than you!" she said. The wicked child was just pulling my leg and it turned out that the happy couple were in their 70s. How lovely for them to find romance later on in life - may they have many happy years together!

See you tomorrow for something rather trendy (just to show there's a bit of a spark left in the old girl yet!)

26 comments:

  1. OOOOOH!Love the negative space and the fussy cut sentiment! This is so cool and modern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout on this one, Vicky. Lots of lovely dimension, too. Fab flower and colours! Such a nice touch with your matching envelope x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bright and happy card Vickyi -love that pretty flower,and how clever of you to make "pretend" twine !
    Hope you have a lovey day(and i hope your husband gets to test drive those shorts!)
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just fabulous Vicky, I love the clever cut out panel, and I've yet to break open that sentiment set myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicky
    Gorgeous card... Beautiful colours.....
    Enjoy your Bank Holiday... We celebrated on the 1st May..,,
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card there Vicky - I love the split panel. Super zingy colours too - sunshine here today, hope those legs are out on view :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous design and colour Vicky. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your colour choice Vicky, very tropical! Great idea for the cut out, something else for me to bookmark, in fact your whole blog is bookmarked!!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous layout Vicky, I love the cutouts and how you've cut round the sentiment. Great use of the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Vicky

    Just beautiful, I love the cut out element, and what a stunning flower in gorgeous colours.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love the design of this card Vicky and so clever..gorgeous palette of colours also...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Vicky, love the dimension in this card and the lovely vibrant colours. Your friend will love it! I have cards at work for staff birthdays and I just thought the other day what do I get for my birthday?..... a horrible shop bought one!

    I've had a lovely day off today but haven't done any crafting. But I have done most of my baking for WRI teas on Wednesday. And I can look forward to another day off next week for my birthday. I've decided for once I'm not working on my birthday!!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cheery little card - bright and fun, lovely!
    Kids can be so cheeky. Hope you have enjoyed the long weekend, Vicky. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's so much about this card that I love - the circle and the split panel, the colours (so zingy), the fact that you used card stock to thread the button, the way you have done the sentiment. Truly amazing! x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant card Vicky, love the split and the colour combo.

    Sounds like the moon affects you toooooooooo! :)

    Hope you could enjoy the beautiful BH weather.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card Vicky especially how you have divided the main panel with the DSP in the background. Hope you had a great holiday Monday - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely zingy colours to your card and like the idea of using slithers of paper on the button instead of twine. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow ... love your design! Fabulous use of the negative die-cuts. Beautiful sentiment - love the way you've cut it out ... and I agree ... it has real movement and is so versatile! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps & More. Loll :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome card and envelope! Wow! Love the die cut circle too Vicky! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So so pretty! Love your card - the pretty flower and colors and an envelope too! Thanks for joining us this week at Seize the Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is spectacular! Love the cutting and the POP of fabulous color! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous Vicky!! Love that way you made that flower and cut out the sentiment. Really just terrific. thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  23. hmm .. those colours are quite exotic aren't they and they work so well in the proportions you've used!! Great tip about using slivers of card as thread for buttons and I need to use that sketch too... love the popped up panels :0)
    jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful vibrant and dynamic card, the fussy cut sentiment is superb and the dimension is fantastic. Cleaver you using the trim for the button.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations Vicky... just spotted that you're the winner at addicted to stamps. Fabulous card, don't know how I missed it!
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)