Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Happy Hexagons!

You'd have to have been holidaying in Outer Gunga if you haven't noticed the hexagon trend in the papercrafting world! I'm a big fan I have to say, and when I saw this week's sketch at Clean and Simple Stamping I wondered if hexagons might work. Here's how it looks:


I snipped my hexagons out of a handy designer paper from the Tea for Two range - which contains some truly gorgeous designs! - and arranged them across my panel. The panel was then matted onto some Naturals Ivory card stock which really brought out the the yellow and green of the hexagons.


I don't need to say it again I know but I just LOVE the look of this sentiment when it's snipped out and laid across a design. If Stampin' Up rubber wasn't such excellent quality I swear I would've worn this stamp out by now!


This is the sketch that I was working from today (I've changed the orientation of my card base):

Here's what you'll need to make this card
Stamps: A Word For You
Ink: Basic Grey
Card stock: Whisper White, Naturals Ivory
Other: Tea For Two designer paper, paper snips
I CAN ORDER STAMPIN' UP ITEMS FOR YOU AND HAVE THEM DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR ADDRESS IN THE UK. I'M COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND AM ALWAYS HAPPY TO OFFER HELP AND ADVICE. TO FIND OUT MORE OR TO PLACE YOUR ORDER, JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL OR GIVE ME A CALL ON 01280 820593.
• Get more for your money - place an order for £250 and choose £65 worth of products free! Or join SU and get £155 worth of products for just £99! Offers end 30th May 2013

What an amazing day yesterday! We decided not to risk sitting in a traffic jam but spent the day soaking up the sunshine in the garden instead. ALL the legs came out (except my eldest son's - he doesn't reveal his legs for some reason I haven't yet fathomed!) and I don't know if it was just me but did the garden get a lot bushier during the day?!

See you tomorrow,

20 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky - I'm staying up late watching TV and your post popped up - am I the first to comment??
    So just before I head off to bed - it's nearly 1am (!) I thought I'd leave you a comment on your lovely card. I love the hexagons and I have that paper - will have to dig it out and get cutting! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliantly laid out hexagons, Vicky. Not tried using any myself...but must! I love your scripty sentiment, too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very simple card but looks terrific! After the cold winter you've had, I'm guessing the sunny bank holiday was very welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hexagons!!! So pretty in those colors and they work great for a clean and simple card. Also love how you cut around the sentiment - I'll have to try that! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Vicky! Great use of hexagons and I adore your snipped sentiments. I might give that a try but doubt if my snipping would be as good as yours - I can sip along a line but not evenly to one side of it.

    I swear the leaves were unfurling in the garden here yesterday as well!!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Vicky...just love the simplicity of your lovely card and your colours are gorgeous..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very on-trend card here Vicky! Love the layout and the cute sentiment. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful hexies Vicky, I love the faux stitching. The colours are gorgeous especially the Natural Ivory cardstock, and like you I LOVE this sentiment.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the hexagon shapes, great card. It has not yet appeared on the Clean and Simple website, have you overlooked putting your link. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so enchanting, Vicky! I don't know if it's allowed for you to enter it in other challenges, but I just noticed that the CASology cue card word this week is "hexagons!" I hope you can enter it; your card is perfect for it!!

    (I love your new profile piccie!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colour combo Vicky, great design too.

    I agree the plants in the garden are making up for lost time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your take on the sketch Vicky. And of course that sentiment. I have that set on my wanted list!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Honeycomb fan right here!! LOVE your take on this weeks Sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your patchwork hexagons look amazing, such a great take on that sketch. We too stayed in the garden..bliss

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh gorgeous Vicky! I really love hexagons at the moment...they are so clean looking! And I always love your sentiment cut out like that!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought for a moment that you had cut those hexagons freehand!! found the DP in the catalogue though... great way to use a busy pattern :0) Perfect for the sketch too!!
    Love the homespun feel :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Works perfectly! I love hexagons and can't wait to get this set!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the hexagons Vicky, and the sentiment is great cut out!

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a great card. I'm a big fan of the hexagon trend at the moment, and I love what you have done with the Tea for Two DSP. The sentiment always looks great when you've cut round it x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. fussing cutting hexagons you are brave or very talented, well yes you are both brave and talented ! sensational card and love how you have used all of those lovely pieces of patterned paper.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)