Pages

Friday 28 June 2013

Inspired by colour

Whenever I see the colour palettes at the ColourQ, I want to drop everything and roll my sleeves up! Sadly, that's not always possible, but this week I'm afraid duties were a little neglected in my excitement over not only the colours but also the inspiration picture - just look at them! Come and see where it all led me:


A real mix of stamps were used to produce this scene, which I shall also link up to Make My Monday where the challenge is to 'Create a Summer Scene'.


I started by using a post-it note mask and sponging Pool Party into it to make a 'mountain'. The grass from Love and Sympathy was stamped over the bottom of the panel and the floral branch from Hopeful Thoughts at the top. I used markers to ink up my stamps, substituting Rich Razzleberry for Orchid Opulence since I don't have it.


The colours needed balancing so I cleaned my Hopeful Thoughts stamp, inked up a group of flowers from it to sprinkle in the grass, and added birds from the retiring Up, Up and Away set. The sentiment is from a hostess set long since retired but still a big favourite of mine.


To finish the card, I stapled a tab to the panel made with the new Mosaic punch (available 2nd July). Running a Summer starfruit marker round the edge of the stamped panel and a Rich Razzleberry one round the edge of its mat adds subtle dimension.

There! And I feel positively wicked having that much fun when I should've been tackling my 'to do' list!

Here's what you'll need to make this card
Stamps: Hopeful Thoughts, Love and Sympathy, Up, Up and Away (retiring), sentiment (retired)
Ink: Pool Party classic ink, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Grey, Summer Starfruit markers
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Naturals Ivory
Other: Mosaic punch (available 2nd July), stamp-a-majig
I CAN ORDER STAMPIN' UP ITEMS FOR YOU AND HAVE THEM DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR ADDRESS IN THE UK. I'M COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND AM ALWAYS HAPPY TO OFFER HELP AND ADVICE. TO FIND OUT MORE OR TO PLACE YOUR ORDER, JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL OR GIVE ME A CALL ON 01280 820593.
• To make way for new items some of our favourites are retiring. Click the links to see STAMPS and ACCESSORIES available, while stocks last, until SUNDAY!

My children have very kindly taken over washing up duties after my accident at the weekend (I sewed through my finger with the sewing machine - ouch!) so naturally they are eager to keep themselves up to date on the healing process! Yesterday at breakfast they asked how the finger was and I told them it was fine now. My youngest son sighed with relief. "That's good," he said. "Thank goodness you didn't sew through it with Big Belinda!" That transported me back to when he was tiny and used to 'tidy' my sewing box for a special treat - Big Belinda was the name he gave to my bodkin!

Have a lovely weekend and I'll be back very soon with more crafting fun!

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Vicky, you have captured the inspiration photo perfectly. A gorgeous scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your finger is healing nicely. This is a wonderful scenic card. Pretty as a picture and lovely and summery. Perfect.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicky
    Fabulous scene... Gorgeos colours.....
    Glad your finger is better...
    I am looking forward to the new Cattie..... And my stash.....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely Vicky, love the scene you created! Thanks for sharing your card at the colourQ, thanks for stopping by to see me as well! Happy Friday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so beautiful, just stunning! Glad to hear u r on the mend

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card. You have nailed not only the colours but the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It lead you to another perfect card, Vicky! How always blow me away with your works of art!! I'm glad to hear your finger has healed ... do be careful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has quite simply taken my breath away! Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your summery scene Vicky. Gorgeous colours.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely beautiful and a fantastic take on the colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eek Vicky, this is gorgeous! What a beautiful scene you created. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the most beautiful summer scene :) I love it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for joining us this week at Make My Monday fab card as always :) , Laura DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card, I do hope the finger is healing well.
    Thanks for joining in at Make My Monday this week
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just love this beautiful card Vicky-and what a totally fabulous take on the challenge-really clever :)
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning, Vicky! Such a brilliant take on the colours and the picture! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)