Pages

Thursday 25 July 2013

Get well soon with Morning Meadow

I am absolutely bowled over by some of the hostess sets* this year! Have you seen them? One of my favourites is Morning Meadow - and I guarantee you'll be seeing quite a lot of it here! For my Three Minute Thursday card today I made a one layer card for a friend of mine who is recovering after an operation. Come and see:


The heavyweight cards in the wonderful new note card and envelope set on page 162 of the annual catalogue are perfect for quick one layer cards. I stamped one with the two floral images from Morning Meadow...


... and added definition with an Early Espresso marker. I love how one image shows through the other, giving an interesting textured effect.


The sentiment is a real favourite of mine from Hopeful Thoughts. Using a marker to ink it up enabled me to use just part of the sentiment and a stamp-a-majig helped me to stamp it straight!

* Stampin' Up hostess stamp sets are exclusive designs at bargain prices that are usually only available to customers spending £150 or more or those that host a qualifying workshop but members of my Stampers 6 club get to choose them in their 'hostess' month if they want to. Check here for details.

Here's what you'll need to make this card
Stamps: Morning Meadow (hostess set), Hopeful Thoughts
Ink: Primrose Petals, Pistachio Pudding classic inks, Early Espresso marker
Card stock: Heavyweight note cards (with envelopes)
Other:  Stamp-a-majig
I CAN ORDER STAMPIN' UP ITEMS FOR YOU AND HAVE THEM DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR ADDRESS IN THE UK. I'M COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND AM ALWAYS HAPPY TO OFFER HELP AND ADVICE. TO FIND OUT MORE OR TO PLACE YOUR ORDER, JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL OR GIVE ME A CALL ON 01280 820593.

Things have got pretty chaotic around here so please excuse me if I dash off without stopping to chat today.  I'll be back tomorrow though when I'll be turning the temperature down a little! Hope to see you then.

8 comments:

  1. I hadn't really looked at the hostess sets until I saw your gorgeous card and realized that that flower stamp works with the Pansy Punch that I got in my first order!!! It's a gorgeous set - thanks for showing it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful card Vicky - I love this set too - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Vicky and the vibrant colours of your flowers

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous card Vicky! I love the overlapping images...very effective :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the effect from stamping on top of another stamp must have a go at that:) pretty card Vicky.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours and beautiful card Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card - hope it cheers your friend up. I love the overlapping of the different stamps, and the vibrant colours x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE how you used that set here and how much variety you get from your sets. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)