Pages

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Remembering Christmas with a leaf

I normally have a fair few Christmas cards made by this time of year but this year... well, suffice to say I'm beginning to feel that it's time to roll my sleeves up and get on with some! Luckily there are the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and Rudolph Day challenges to help me get my act together! Come and see what I've made:


 'Christmas Tree' is the theme from 52CCT and having had great fun turning the leaf from Wonderfall into a tree yesterday, I thought I'd try one of the leaves from Gently Falling into a Christmas tree! I stamped the background trees into a masked-off area and then fussy cut a separate one for the foreground. I think it works! What do you think?


I absolutely love this decorative scroll from the Merry Little Christmas set for a bit of subtle decoration. Here I stamped a bit of it on the oval mat and used my stamp-a-majig to line up the rest of the image on the card base itself. You can see the fussy cut leaf as a tree in this photo (although you might have to put your right ear on your shoulder to do so - free stretching exercises and everything on my blog today!) all dressed up with rhinestones and a bakers twine bow.


And this is the loveliest sentiment for all those folk you don't get to see very often. It's from Remember Christmas - a set I'll be show-casing a lot more of I can tell you!

Here's what you'll need to make this card
Stamps: Gently Falling, Merry Little Christmas, Remembering Christmas
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Garden Green classic inks, Whisper White craft ink
Card stock: Whisper White, Soft Sky
Other: Big Shot, Ovals framelits, Basic rhinestones, Cherry Cobbler bakers twine, Chalk marker, stamp-a-majig

Crafting Clare online shop, shopping with Vicky Hayes, Stampin Up clearance rack


You can order from my online shop any time, day or night, but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help. You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

And as a special thank you for shopping with me, you'll get a free gift and a handmade card when you place your first online order with me during September.


I'm thinking of renting myself out as a weather guage for weddings and picnics because whenever I settle down to make a chilly-looking Christmas card we seem to get a heatwave! A cardigan came off with every layer I added to today's card until I was seriously thinking of getting the shorts out of storage!

See you tomorrow,

21 comments:

  1. Vicky your card is lovely and gives the impression of being 3D and such a perfect sentiment..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'd just put Gently Falling away!! This works fabulously as a Christmas tree and I'm going to have to have a go at this. We had a nice day here yesterday but it's very grey and overcast today, so clothes are back on the clothes horse again! Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever Vicky - love what you have done !!! The sentiment is just perfect for this card - in your signature red !!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrrr-illiant card Vicky. I always love the way you look at your stamps for an alternative use. Thanks for the plug!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful icy scene Vicky, I'm looking forward to Christmas now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh,That is VERY clever Vicky-I would never have known! What a beautiful card :)
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how clever Vicky - as Sarn says, you really do look at SU goodies in such an inspiring way. Super card and I love the sentiment too.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, fabulous use of the leaf stamp, love the scroll.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your leaf stamp makes a lovely tree, well done for spotting that.Your card is great and I love the sentiment stamp too.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Vicky. Proving that you don't really need special seasonal stamps to create a Christmas card. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clever idea Vicky, such a pretty scene! Loved the funky trees from yesterday's post too:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Steady, Vicky, any more layers and you'll be in your birthday suit!
    Gorgeous card.
    Oh no... Christmas already...? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well it's a good job your cards are CAS or you'd be sitting in your birthday suit!!! Haha :0) love this leaf in disguise and the thin white edge makes it look laiden with snow too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautifully elegant Christmas tree! Love this card. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That leaf works brilliantly as a tree and looks so festive too.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely LOVE these leaf cards--I never would've thought to make a leaf into a tree! This is just gorgeous, Vicky! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't believe this is a leaf stamp! Beautifully layered to create such an atmospheric card- love it and thanks for sharing it with us at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowsers, that is ingenious, that leaf is incredible as a tree! A beautiful, stylish card Vicky - as always! Thanks so much for joining us at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh - fabulous way to use that leaf stamp! Never would have thought of it myself. A beautiful card - thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The layout of your card is lovely, and the idea to use the leaf as a tree is incredibly clever! I'm so glad you shared your card with us at 52{C}CT, and I hope you'll join us again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Clever girl! This leaf looks so lovely as a tree!
    Well done you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)