Pages

Tuesday 15 October 2013

A bit of a Festive Flurry

Christmas may seem a very long way off... but time spent preparing now means more time available for fun in December! You could easily make a stack of today's card design. Come and see:


You can buy framelits to go with the wonderful Festive Flurry stamp set which enables you to make all sorts of wonderful projects, but sometimes I like to pare things right back to a bit of simple stamping.


I used just two of the snowflake images to create this design, adding a simple strip sentiment. The stamping carries over onto the inside of the card too for a little extra detail.


Using matt grey ink instead of silver and candy dots in the same colour as the ink gives the snowflakes a contemporary feel. Have I mentioned how much I adore these candy dots? Yes, I thought I probably had!

This card would look great with one of these fancy tags from p.13 of the seasonal catalogue. They're made with the Festive Flurry set too but these stamped snowflakes are cut out quickly and easily with the coordinating framelits dies.



They make great decorations too. Now that would be a great project for December when everything's been done and you're looking for a little creative fun!


Today's card design popped into my head when I saw the inspiration picture at Merry Monday and the challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown to use any colour other than Red or Green.

Here's what you'll need to make today's card
Stamps: Festive Flurry, Remembering Christmas
Ink: Smoky Slate, Pool Party, Night of Navy
Card stock: Whisper White
Other: Corner rounder, candy dots, stamp-a-majig

Crafting Clare online shop, shopping with Vicky Hayes, Stampin Up clearance rack
You can order from my online shop any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.
Customers placing orders of £250+
will get a whopping £65 worth of freebies during October!
If you'd prefer to spread the cost of your crafty stash, but still get
freebies as well as handmade gifts and cards and complementary catalogues,
why not consider joining my Stampers 6 club?


I'm still suffering from car lag after all my driving about the country at the weekend. The journey was enlivened by my daughter's chit chat though and her amusing comments on the place names. My favourite was when we were passing Loughborough (pronounced luff-bruh). "Oh look Mummy," said my daughter. "It's Fluffborough! Home of kittens!"

See you tomorrow,

35 comments:

  1. A bit of beautiful festive fun I'd say! I love the cool blues and grey and those snowflakes are gorgeous- love how you've carried them to the inside too. My daughter is at Loughborough Uni - I will tell her about Fluffborough-she'll love it!!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky
    Fabulous xmas card..... Love those snowflakes....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely snowflakes and love the colour combinations you've used on your card.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utterly gorgeous festive card and decoration Vicky.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and decoration Vicky! I too love these snowflakes...really need to used them more I think!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Vicky. I have just ordered these myself and cannot wait for them to arrive. I think the stamps are on back order here in Australia (sigh) so I will have to wait just a little longer than I thought. I love the colours you chose. Very nice!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card. I really like the contemporary colours. I'm using SS and PP on my cards this year too. The stamps are fantastic and I can't wait to get mine (November's shopping list!). The Candy really finishes the images off.
    I'm glad you are enjoying your uni tours too - I thought they would be more stressy. It does disrupt the weekends though doesn't it? I'm still playing catch up from Saturday. Do you have many more to do? Your daughter does make me laugh, she sounds a delight. x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Love the colours
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful colour combination! I totally agree with you: these snowflakes are gorgeous just stamped as well as made up into 3D decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like these snowflakes - your card is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes I agree and made five cards last week so that nearer xmas I can concentrate on decorations. Me organised...that'll be a first. Lovely design and easy to replicate with stamps I have, super contemporary look. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! The snowflakes look amazing and in these shades of blue and grey are perfect for our challenge. Thanks for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These snowflakes are so perfectly placed, Vicky! And the tag is gorgeous too! I'm so glad you shared these with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great almost one layer card, Vicky! Love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully simple--as you do so well! And I love those candy dots too! They're just so easy and fun to use! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful! LOVE the grey and blues--so wintry and fun! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT for our NO RED OR GREEN challenge! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the simplicity of this card! Love the colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These big snowflakes are gorgeous! Love the frosty colors!
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply lovely Vicky, snowflakes are such a timeless image for Christmas cards and I love how you continued the design onto the inside too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! Love the colors and the simplicity! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Simple yet so beautiful. I love those candy dots too and they look fabulous with the snowflake!. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The snowflake stamp is so gorgeous Vicky and the colours you have used are perfect. A fabulous card. Thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful design, I love the colours.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card Vicky. I can see these snowflakes are very popular!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so elegant, Vicky! I absolutely love it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the design of this card, Vicky! The brads in the middle of each snowflake really add a lot to the whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow love them both great snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the clean, elegant simplicity of your card, Vicky! The color-matched candy dots are a perfect finishing touch.
    Then again, I love everything you share with us at 52{C}CT. :) Thanks for joining in our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely gorgeous card Vicky, there's nothing wrong with a pared down design involving only stamping! Love the candy dot centres! Thanks so much for sharing with us at 52 {C}CT! Hope we see you again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely CAS card Vicky, your snowflakes are so pretty. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOVE your gorgeous contemporary snowflakes! You've done a terrific job of creating movement on the card (that's really hard for me for some reason). I too love the candy dots :o) LOTS. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome card Vicky. Love how you coordinated the Candy Dots with the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful Christmas card and love how you used the candy dots in the center of the snowflakes...love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your blue snowflakes! Thanks for playing at 52CCT!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)