Pages

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Oh Hello at Halloween!

The summer is over; there's an autumn chill in the air; Christmas seems a long way off... what are you going to do? Have a party of course - that would cheer everyone up! And with Halloween just round the corner, you have a ready-made theme! All that's needed now is an invitation - like this one:


This amazing paper from the Witches Brew pack takes all the effort out of creating a bit of atmosphere...


... you wouldn't want these blood suckers getting tangled up in your hair - aaaaaargh!


I thought the gothic shape of the 'you're invited' label was appropriate - I cut it with framelits using my fabulous magnetic platform (highly recommended!), added some gems for drama and stapled a strip of striped paper and a banner over it for a touch of colour.

I thought the inside could say something like: Come over for a quick bite - you can be sure the claret will flow... mwah ha ha ha ha!

Here's what you'll need to make this card
Stamps: Oh Hello
Ink: Pumpkin Pie
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Summer Starfruit
Other: Witches Brew designer paper, Apothecary Accents framelits, Big Shot, Basic Rhinestones, stamp-a-majig

Crafting Clare online shop, shopping with Vicky Hayes, Stampin Up clearance rack


You can order from my online shop any time, day or night, but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help. You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.


My husband was nearly killed by bats once... well perhaps that's overstating it slightly! We were on holiday in a house with an ancient tower. The tower was blocked off from the house but you could get in through an ivy-covered arched door outside and climb its ancient, stone stairs. My husband, who isn't much given to flights of fancy, decided to see the view from the top one evening while out on a solitary walk. Here's the photo he took of the place:


I mean, would you have climbed the tower? He said afterwards that he did feel a bit spooked by it but told himself to pull himself together and set off up the steep stairs. As he climbed, all senses began to jangle until somewhere near the top there was a rustling noise and several bats swooped past his cheek nearly giving him a heart attack! He said the journey down the stairs took a fraction of the time it had taken to go up!

See you tomorrow for more spooky nonsense,

8 comments:

  1. Great invite! Love the story of the bat tower! The photo is spooktacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Vicky-And what fabulous backing paper-Perfect for your spooky invitations.Your party sounds like a lot of fun!But I think i may pass on the Claret LOL!
    I think your husband was VERY brave-you wouldn't find me up their in the dark that's for sure!
    Have a great day,Nessa xxx





    ReplyDelete
  3. OOO spooky! Vicky, the clousd is in the shape of a flying witch too!!
    Love the fun halloween card, fab papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Vicky even though I'm not keen on bats! What a fright for your hubby that could give anyone a heart attack..lol..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even more brilliantly battiness here!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those bats look frightening!! There's no way on earth I would have gone any way near that tower and especially not in the dark. Just the thought of it is enough to give me palpitations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Vicky, what great bp! Bat stamps are as near as I want to get to with those creatures:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant invitation love it.

    Sorry had to laugh at the story,

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)