Pages

Tuesday 5 November 2013

A Flurry of festive crafting!

Well perhaps the flurry of festive crafting of this post title is overstating it just a little, but I made one card! After catching up with all the chores yesterday, I had a look at all the challenges online and found several that worked well together - 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown with an intriguing sketch from Louise, Dynamic Duos and Merry Mondays both with aqua and red colours schemes and Addicted to CAS and More with a CAS theme. Come and see:


I pasted strips of card stock onto my front panel, trimmed them with my sharp paper snips then cut an aperture into the panel using my circle framelits and magnetic board. I cut a frame from another piece of card stock and glued that over the top before adding a pierced border.


The smallest snowflake from Festive Flurry was stamped into the aperture and the centre decorated with a gem.


I inked up this wonderful Christmas sentiment from Delightful Dozen using markers before stamping so that I could highlight the word Christmas in red. Once I'd positioned it using my stamp-a-majig, the panel was attached to the card base with dimensionals.

pic name pic name pic name

Here's what you'll need to make this project
Stamps: Festive Flurry, Delightful Dozen
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Real Red
Card stock: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Real Red
Other: Circles framelits, Big Shot, markers, Essentials piercing templates, Basic Rhinestones, paper snips, stamp-a-majig

Crafting Clare online shop, shopping with Vicky Hayes, Stampin Up clearance rack
You can order from my online shop any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

It's going to be another really busy week this week as I'm expecting guests on Thursday so never mind a flurry of crafting, there's more likely to be a flurry of cleaning, list-making and cooking! There will continue to be a project here each day though - so I'll hope to see you tomorrow.

Enjoy Bonfire night if you're in the UK!

Hugs,

28 comments:

  1. Just fabulous Vicky, I love the colours and design.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colours you have used and and this is a really cool design, very striking. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully crisp, clean and perfectly stamped, as always, Vicky!

    Thank you for your kind words.....I am starting to feel much better xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Vicky - this is absolutely stunning!! This is a super combination of challenges!! I love the colours. the sentiment and the tiny touch of bling! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT and ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this design and these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ANother great card Vicky...love the colours...

    ANne

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Vicky - what a great combo of the challenges. Awesome card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at both 52CCT and ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicki this is so gorgeous, I am really loving this colour combination. Thank you for the bday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a very chic card, Vicky, love it.
    Yep, off to a bonfire later, hope it doesn't rain...
    Oh tell me about the pre-visitors clean-up - it's the only time I ever get my backside in gear to do housework! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so striking Vicky! I love how you used the colours and created the aperture and frame! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely colour combo and layout Vicky. Enjoy your visitors it's always spurs one into a cleaning frenzy:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card with great colors.. Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another really elegant card
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous colors, Vicky!!! I adore the fabulous bit of bling, too--the perfect amount! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! Hope you come back again soon! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty, Vicky! I love the framed aperture, the diagonal stripes and the piercing! Wonderful use of these colors! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful graphic design! So crisp and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card. Great combination of the 3 challenges to make this beauty. Thanks for joining us at The Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Vicky!! I love this card!! I saw it @ Merry Monday & I wanted to pop by!! It's awesome!! :) :) These colors are my faves for the holidays!!
    ~~Nicole~~ :) :)

    I have some new candy on my blog if you are interested... http://nicolescraftnook.blogspot.com/2013/11/candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a bright and fun colour duo, it matches the bold contemporary sketch perfectly :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vicky, a lovely display of the colors this week against the crisp, white background. Perfect stamping of the sentiment in two colors as well. Always enjoy your creations! Thanks for playing with the Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great card. Love the fresh modern colours and design. Hope you have a lovely time with your guests x x

    ReplyDelete
  22. A striking colour combo, the bright colours pop wonderfully against the crisp white! A very striking card Vicky - just beautiful - and the pierced border was the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for playing along with us again at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty card, Vicky! Love the snowflake, your layout and the sentiment is a perfect addition! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the dimension you achieved by cutting out the opening to frame the snowflake and popping up that panel. The piercing finishes it off wonderfully! Thanks so much for joining in our sketch challenge at 52{C}CT!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful card Vicky, this layout is great. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card, Vicky! Love the pretty snowflake and the layout. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So sorry for my late visit this time - I've not been well! This is a fabulous take on the sketch- love the red white and chilly blue combo, but mostly I love that snowflake, framed in the aperture. A snowflake is not a snowflake without a gem, I think! Gorgeous CAS Christmas card.Thanks for joining in with my sketch challenge at 52 CCT this week- glad you found it intriguing!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)