Pages

Saturday 28 December 2013

A Clockwise countdown to 2014

Have you had a lovely Christmas? We certainly have! But it's over now for another year and in just a few days time, 2013 will draw to a close and a brand new shiny new year will start! I've been making cards to celebrate - come and see:


This design is based on Stampin' Up's fabulous Clockworks stamp set along with some die cut numbers but I've added elements from other stamp sets too...


... So, for example, I've sprinkled a little Coastal Cabana magic using Gorgeous Grunge, added my favourite arrow from Hello Lovely, used the Hello from Four You and the perfect new year message from Remembering Christmas. It's great fun making collage-style cards - as my daughter would say: "10 out of 10 - highly recommended!"

Here's what you'll need to make this project
Stamps: Clockworks, Gorgeous Grunge, Four You, Remembering Christmas
Ink: Summer Starfruit, Elegant Eggplant, Coastal Cabana, Pumpkin Pie
Card stock: Elegant Eggplant, scrap of Whisper White
Other: Notecards with matching envelopes, markers, Big Shot, Timeless Type sizzlits alphabet (retired), paper snips, stamp-a-majig

Crafting Clare online shop, shopping with Vicky Hayes, Stampin Up clearance rack
You can order from my online shop any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

Top moments from our Christmas? Of course there are far too many to choose from but I loved it when all my children ganged up together in the kitchen on Christmas Eve to make special truffles for me...


They melted dark chocolate, whipped it up with double cream, left it to set in the fridge and then rolled balls of the mixture in chopped nuts, chopped coconut or cocoa powder - I nearly fainted with pleasure when I tried them!

Then there was the bit when my youngest son, who was already sporting a striking onesie and furry slippers ensemble, unwrapped this frog hat from his uncle...


 and declared his Christmas outfit complete!

And then there was the moment when our spoilt puss looked under the Christmas tree and seemed outraged to discover that there were no pampered pet pouches for her!


At the risk of sounding sentimental, the best bit was spending time relaxing with the people I love best in the whole world (ahhhhh!) Hope you had a lovely Christmas too and are looking forward to a shiny new year.

No holiday would be complete without a moment or two spent playing with my gorgeous new Stampin' Up stash so I'll be back in the next day or two to show you what I've been up to! Happy holidays!

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had fun Vicky. Christmas was fun here too. Still got one daughter here but my son had to go back to work on Friday. So did she but she wangled a half day on Friday to go shopping with her sister!

    Loving your collage card. Looking forward to seeing what you've made with your new stash. Seems like I haven't bought anything new for ages! Might just have to remedy that!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas, Vicky, and those truffles are mouth-watering .... mmmm, yummy! Our furry feline got a new red collar and the other four legged one, got a lunchtime bone.
    I wish you health, happiness and lots of crafty fun as we head into 2014. Happy New Year! Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I forgot to say that all those different stamps combine to create a terrific New Year card !!! Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This design is phenomenal! Love all of the different sets you combined to come up with this winner card. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Happy New Year card, Vicky! Thanks for sharing some of your highlights from your happy Christmas! I wish you all the best in the new year!! Cheers! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. HELLO VICKY XXJUST STOPPING BY TO SAY HELLO AND WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR XX
    I AM SORRY HAVE MISSED SO MANY OF YOUR LOVELY POSTS THESE PAST FEW WEEKS,BUT I AM BACK ON TRACK NOW AND WILL PUT THAT RIGHT IN THE NEW YEAR :)
    I AM SORRY FOR THE CAPITALS(I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND IT HAS A STRANGE NEW WAY OF PUTTING CAPS LOCK ON IS DRIVING ME CRAZY AND TAKING FOREVER TO SAY HELLO TO MY BLOGGING CHUMS SO I HAVE GIVEN UP FOR NOW LOL!)
    GLAD YOU HAVE HAD A LOVELY CHRISTMAS,AND ENJOYED SOME WELL DESERVED CHOCOLATE SPOILING :) TIME SPENT AT HOME WITH THOSE YOU LOVE AROUND YOU IS PRECIOUS-AND IN MY OPINION WHAT CHRISTMAS IS ALL ABOUT :)
    I WILL SEE YOU SOON,HUGS,NESSA XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super New Year card Vicky. Sounds like you had a fun Christmas.

    Happy New Year to you and yours

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Vicky, your card is gorgeous!! Glad to hear you've had a good time with your lovely family and those truffels looks yummie! Hugs, Erna xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. SUch a Happy New Year card Vicky...lovey to hear about some of your Christmas goings on...
    Happy New Year to You

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I look forward to being inspired through your creativity in the new year! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great design for your new year card Vicky, truffles look delish!! Happy New year to you and your family
    Val x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)