Pages

Friday 21 February 2014

New technique using Stampin' Up's Chalk Marker ?

The other day I found myself looking at my Stampin' Up Chalk Marker fondly. There's a whole lot of fun to be found in this £3.25 little pen! Not only is it perfect for the trendy chalkboard technique, but also for highlighting and colouring - and now I've discovered something else it can do! Come and see:


What do you think?! It's a little bit like the resist technique, except that the marker doesn't entirely resist the ink, it just kind of dilutes it. Here, I stamped one of the flowers from Peaceful Petals onto Basic Grey card stock, and coloured the petals using the Chalk Marker...


... . When I added Blushing Bride over the top I loved how delicate it looked!

The leaves got a slightly different treatment: I just used the Chalk marker to highlight where I wanted the ink to be diluted and used Garden Green to colour over the top:


To add to the ethereal look, I used Whisper White craft ink to stamp the speckle image from Gorgeous Grunge over the whole panel and, after rounding the corners, swiped my inkpad around the edges too.

HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE THIS CARD
(Click on each item to find it quickly in my shop) 
Stamps: Peaceful Petals wood or cling, Gorgeous Grunge wood or cling
Card stock: Basic GreyWhisper White (for the lining)
Other: Chalk Marker, envelope board (for corner rounding) stamp-a-majig
Click above to place an order any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

CHOOSE A FREE SALE-A-BRATION GIFT WITH EVERY £45 YOU SPEND

When my children were small, I gave them chalk to draw with outside but they never really took to the idea. On the other hand, there are three adorable small boys who live up the road from us who have taken the chalk idea to a new level! I have walked home on a pavement transformed into a complicated road system, complete with traffic lights and give way signs, and been saluted by tiny cops on their police bikes. Once, we saw that they had decorated their dad's parking bay with chalk and their mum had helped them to write: Reserved for a VIP. We love you Daddy xxx. Even my boys melted at that!

Thank you for joining me today. Have a lovely weekend and I'll see you very soon,


12 comments:

  1. Your lovely card reminds me of a cold bleak day in winter (except the snow is in my imagination). I've just bought a chalk marker but haven't yet taken it out of its packaging - thanks for the ideas though, I know what I'll be playing with soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll forgive you for bringing out the 'white stuff' !!! Such a beautiful card.... I can almost hear the snow falling!!! Great technique :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Vicky. Once the housework is finished, I'm off to give this a go. Who am I kidding, the housework will still be there in an hour or two!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of this card Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - what a great technique you have used for this Vicky - I am loving what you are doing with this set - can't wait to get back home and have a play with mine! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Vicky it really does look like snow is falling...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo..... I must try this!! I ordered that marker for another project, but it didn't work out - glad to have it on hand for this technique:-) Beautiful, beautiful card!! We just had a snow squall (now the sun is shining) that reminded me of your Gorgeous Grunge snow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this technique Vicky, so effective!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Vicky. I must have a go at this technique, it gives a lovely effect.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so timely a post for me to read today. I've just ordered the chalk markers so can't wait to try this. A lovely card with using this product. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a big fan of the chalk marker and I think this card shows just how good it looks!! Lovely card x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you did with this.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)