Pages

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Stitched up

Sometimes, when I'm looking for inspiration, I find I need look no further than the snippets box! Of course when rummaging in the box I think of Pixie's Snippets Playground, and when thinking of the playground I think of Mrs A's Butterfly challenge - this week she wants to see butterflies and stitching (real or faux) on a project... so that's why this card happened:


In the snippets box, I found a small card base, a snippet of designer paper which I cut to size, a tag embossed with cross stitching and a butterfly from Papillon Potpourri stamped in Melon Mambo. All I had to do was stamp the sentiment, colour and layer up the butterfly and add a candy dot. Now that was fun!


The sentiments from See Ya Later are gorgeous but quite specific... so, enter the humble marker! Using markers you can ink up just the bits you want and that makes the sentiments really versatile. The stitching was made with the Needlepoint Border embossing folders and I liked the way it underlined the sentiment.

I'll be linking this card up with Make My Monday too where the theme is Beautiful Butterflies.

Would you like to see how I organise my snippets?


This photo is looking down into a tall plastic box under my desk where I store offcuts of card stock. Every now and then I go through it and throw away anything too small or creased but it never seems to either grow or decrease!


Here's where I keep embellishments I've made or started to make but haven't used. It's a little plastic container that some fruit came in once and it fits exactly in a cubby on my desk. I keep off-cuts of designer paper in with the original packs unless they're very small, in which case they'll go in here or I'll be ruthless (gasp!) and throw them away.

HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE THIS CARD
(Click on each item to find it quickly in my shop) 
Card stock: Whisper White, scrap of Melon Mambo
Punches: Scallop Tag Topper, Bitty Butterfly
Click above to place an order any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

CHOOSE A FREE SALE-A-BRATION GIFT WITH EVERY £45 YOU SPEND (excl. p&p)

If you're a regular reader of my blog you may remember that I bribed encouraged my son to give his room a major clear out with the promise of an executive chair which spins round. He set to work in a pretty impressive way and many, many full bin bags later he got his desire:


This is him looking sinister, stroking a toy dog unearthed from the back of the wardrobe, spinning slowly round in the chair saying: "Ah Mr Bond! So good of you to join me!"

See you tomorrow,


9 comments:

  1. Too funny... (the kid, not the card)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pretty snippets card Vicky.

    Your family escapades always bring a smile to my face. TFS.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this little set of stamps...lovely card...I organise my card snippets the same way I am sure if we had a few challenges we could use our bits from the boxes...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to organize my bits and pieces. Right now they collect in a pile next to my cutter until I have to move them so I can cut. Ha ha! I just love your super villain! HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super snippets card Vicky! Oooer, I do love that needlepoint embossing :)

    Great piccie of Bond's arch enemy! Like Sarn, I always look to see what family tales you have to share. I still giggle about 'let's speak French' 'Non' :)

    Hugs

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, super snippets ideas. Handsome Lad

    ReplyDelete
  7. The crosstitch embossing looks wonderful on your pretty card.
    The butterfly and backing paper look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how all the elements on your card have come together. Love, love the faux cross stitching .A simple yet elegant card. I store my snippets much the same except in plastic wallets . Have a further two tubs of small bits and then the really itty bitty bits that you can just get a small flower punched or a butterfly out of . Can't waste anything!! I know I should get out more!! Thank you for fluttering by #3 and would love to see you call again. Hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Vicky, I love having sneaky peeks in other peoples craft spaces too - thanks for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)