Pages

Wednesday 3 September 2014

A sparkling Christmas with Ornamental Pine by Stampin' Up

I know that many of you will still be busy making wish lists from the new autumn/winter Stampin' Up catalogue - it's so hard to choose isn't it?!! I've been having fun with the Ornamental Pine stamp set again, this time stamping it in a fun new colour combination. Come and see:


Lost Lagoon, Blushing Bride and Early Espresso may not seem the most festive of colour schemes but I think it works! Before stamping the gorgeous pine branch, I inked it up with Lost Lagoon ink and picked out the twiggy bits with an Early Espresso marker.


The bauble takes my breath away with its detail! It looks like some kind of vintage, hand-blown glass ornament from the Victorian era - definitely something you wouldn't hang up if you had small children or naughty cats romping about!


The beautiful in-colour sequins add a contemporary touch to these traditional style stamps and also prompted me to make up my own sentiment! I used the Endless Wishes stamp set for the first part and the new Good Greetings set for the word 'sparkle' - LOVE that font!

• Click here for details of how you can get your hands on Good Greetings for free!

BUY THE SUPPLIES TO MAKE THIS CARD NOW!
(Click on each item to find it quickly in my online shop) 
If you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

Having seen all those videos of Christmas tree disasters on You've Been Framed, I realise that we've got away very lightly! Tuppence seemed to have herself well in hand with the decorations, although we did once have a  mini mirrorball bauble which drove her bonkers. It threw little dots of light round the room which outraged her with their impudence! Nothing got damaged though until the year we bought my daughter her first Barbie. We came downstairs on Boxing Day to find the doll lying on the floor with her hand all chewed up and Tuppence looking quite feral!

Now I'm getting very excited about tomorrow because it's time to get together with my friends at the Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team! Do come back for the weekly blog hop won't you - I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

8 comments:

  1. I really like the soft colours. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly look like you're having lots of fun playing with all the new goodies. The colours you used here give the card a vintage feel - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, with trendy pastels.
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful and I agree about the bauble, it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card that colour scheme does work well
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the sparkle and glitz on this one. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful card! Love the details!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)