Pages

Tuesday 20 January 2015

Moon Lake by Stampin' Up - with extra drama!

I've been playing with the new Moon Lake stamps from the Stampin' Up spring/summer catalogue and thoroughly enjoying them. Today's card was a bit of an experiment but I think it works. Come and see:


I started by stamping the image with Stazon ink and sponging blocks of colour over it. More intense colour was added to the actual image with an aquapainter and ink. Finally, it was framed with a black panel with an aperture cut into it with one of the Ovals framelits.


A washi and candy dot detail on one side of the card prevents it looking too symmetrical. To get the curved washi end, I laid a strip onto a scrap piece of card stock, cut it out with the word window punch, then peeled it carefully off. The beauty of washi is that it's repositionable.


Here's a close up of that image - looking quite tropical and swampy in these colours! If this card isn't really your thing, do come back tomorrow when I'll be giving this same stamp a very different look!


BUY THE SUPPLIES TO MAKE THIS CARD NOW!
Click on any item to be transported to my online shop!
Don't forget you'll get a free Sale-a-bration item for every £45 you spend

Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin' Pad
Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin' Pad
...

My shop is open 24/7 so you can buy Stampin' Up products from me any time, day or night.
If you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

Talking of swamps, my favourite blonde bombshell makes a beeline for them.

I don't think mum's looking - let's see if there's any mud in here!
Muddy water attracts her like a magnet and a walk isn't a proper walk unless she's disguised herself as a chocolate labrador! The hilarious thing is that we have cream loose covers on our sofas... Our washing machine is seeing some action as you may imagine!

See you tomorrow,

9 comments:

  1. I can see this stamp set being on my wish-list. So versatile and suitable for masculine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another perfect card from the craft goddess!!

    Just what have you been feeding that puppy!! What a change in her - she's all leggy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coloring technique. Love your blonde bomshell story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very dramatic and striking card. I love it but am also curious to see tomorrow's version xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous scene there Vicky, love it.

    Gosh Eve is shooting up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card.
    Your puppy looks so innocent there but all the mud that is around just now makes for lots of washing doesn't it?

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this little framed scene Vicky and the strip of washi with the dot is fab! Can't believe how big Eva is getting :)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful card, Vicky! Can't wait to see tomorrow's creation :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Vicky! And what a lovely photo of Eva - I see she's already beginning to get that lovely feathering on the tips of her fur :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)