Pages

Thursday 7 May 2015

Sheltering Tree faux pointillism tutorial - Stampin' Up artisan blog hop

It's Thursday, and time for another fabulous blog hop organised by Stampin' Up's crack team of artisans! You're in for a treat this week as some of the artisan designers have sneak peeks of some new and exciting products to show you!

GOING A BIT DOTTY!
I've had to contain my own excitement sadly, as my box has been delayed, but hey! it gives me the perfect opportunity to talk you through a card I made with a faux pointillism background using Sheltering Tree. Come and see:


What do you think? Would you like to know how I made it?


Okay! So, I mounted the blossom image from Sheltering Tree, inked it up with So Saffron ink and stamped my panel. TIP: Stamp off once before adding colour to the panel at first, then add more intense colour where you need it, at the bottom and round the edges.


This stylised plant from Mum's Love is gorgeous isn't it?! I used Mossy Meadow ink to stamp it over the bottom half of my panel.


This leafy in-fill stamp is perfect for adding a bit of foliage. I used a lighter green, Wild Wasabi, so that it receded into the background a little.


I coloured my plant heads in with a Tangelo Twist marker. This fabulous colour is great for adding a lovely pop of colour! When I stamped the plants, some of the stalks ended up 'floating' so I used the Mossy Meadow marker to extend them.


Sponging ink around the edges of the panel really draws the eye into the centre! I always chop my Stampin' Sponges into quarters and staple a piece of coloured card to them so that they act as handles and so that I can see at a glance what colour ink it's for.


All it needs is a sentiment... There! (I'm in love with the gorgeous ribbon fonts in the Butterfly Basics stamp set!)


I hope you've enjoyed my faux pointillism tutorial and that I've encouraged you to get artistic with Sheltering Tree.

And if you've stayed with me, bless you, because I know you're dying for some sneak peeks! Off you go and check out the excitement with Allison Okamitsu!



SHOP FOR THE SUPPLIES TO MAKE MY CARD NOW!
Click on any item to be transported to my online shop!

If you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

Spring seems to have been interrupted by a load of wind and rain here in the heart of England! Eva is not remotely concerned by this - walkies is walkies whatever the weather! She always comes back with pretty little crimped ears when we've been walking in the rain. I come back looking as if someones stuck some colourless candy floss on my head!

See you tomorrow,

12 comments:

  1. Wow this is gorgeous - a true work of art - J xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful effects from that stippling stamp Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS CARD . . . it's simply gorgeous!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background effect you have created on your card Vicky...a really gorgeous card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful!! I love your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a work of art! I must try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a GREAT effect Vicky, love how you have put a lighter centre and the dark bottom.

    We, at last, have had a breezy day instead of gale force winds, thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this technique Clare! Great blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soooo pretty Vicky-thank you for sharing your technique -very clever background,
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)